1. Cut Japanese rice paper into random flower shapes (I found a booklet of 100 sheets at ACMoore in the art supply area)
2. Place one cut flower on waxed paper and watercolor
3. Carefully pick it up and hold it from underneath
4. Pinch the center while twisting and overlapping the petals.
5. Place flower in a styrofoam egg carton to help hold the shape while drying
6. When dried, add details with a fine tipped marker
7. Embellish center of flowers with glitter, buttons, beads, rhinestones, etc.
8. They are beautiful added to any scrapbook page, ATC, card, etc.
This was my technique that was in the 2006 Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame Book. I have been making them for several years now.
I think they would also look great on wired stems! Enjoy!