1. I seem to do things in cycles that last for a few weeks or a couple months~ organizing, painting, cooking, blogging, photography, home improvement projects, sewing, etc. For the past month I have been doing home improvements and organizing. Now I am shifting to painting and trying to decorate. Pretty soon I will be getting ready for the new school year and making lesson plans.
2. I procrastinate over certain things. I love technology but I procrastinate using it. For example, it took me four months to open my ipod that I got for Christmas. Now I wonder why? I love it! I have a hard time buying something that costs more than $100 and will procrastinate on buying it (even when we really need the item) until Bill encourages me a thousand times to do it. I have wanted to do a painting for three months now but finally sat down this weekend to do it. Why? I dunno.
3. I love to shop for food, art stuff, and books but really dislike clothes and shoe shopping.
4. When I travel I like to visit art galleries, museums, and the local eating spots.
5. I will be starting my 11th year of being a teacher and will be teaching a new subject~ Foods! This will be my 19th subject that I have taught. I have six teaching certifications. Also, I taught six different subjects during my first year. Every class period was different plus we had a homeroom and study hall before lunch. Whew. My favorite subjects to teach were exploring life skills (home ec.) and leadership. The worst were computerized accounting and exploring career decisions.
6. I can't leave the library empty handed. If fact, I take a large bag with me and stuff it full. Right now I think I have 43 books checked out. Most are cookbooks and gardening books. I usually don't have time to read novels and prefer to flip through books and read only the parts that are interesting. Novel reading is saved for the summer. So far this summer I have read Friday Night Knitting Club, one other book that I can't remember, and started a third that I quit reading because it was so cheesy. It's hard to find a good novel.
7. We seem to have a lot of critters. We have two indoor cats and four beta fish. There is a lizard that lives under the column on our porch. Three toads and one frog hop up the stairs and sit on our front porch from dusk till early morning eating all of the moths and bugs that flutter around the lights. I named the fat one George. He keeps coming up to the floor length window and looks at my cat Gidget every evening. I think they are friends. A raccoon, deer, wild turkeys, and one squirrel have been spotted. An eagle flies by daily through the backyard. Pretty cool.