Ooh La La~ this cake is divine and very moist! My friend Debbie who is beautiful inside and out always brings me a slice of this lemon heaven. I got her recipe and made it twice in two days and gave one away. It got rave reviews too from both of my brothers and their families.
Lemon Pound Cake
1 stick butter, room temperature
2 2/3 c. granulated sugar
5 eggs, beaten
1 c. vegetable oil
3 c. all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
2 1/2 tsp. lemon extract
1 c. whole milk
Stir fresh lemon juice into 1 box powdered sugar until glazing consistency
- Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy.
- Blend in beaten eggs.
- Blend in oil.
- Stir together flour, salt, and baking powder until combined and gradually add to the cake batter.
- Gradually add milk and lemon extract and mix until smooth.
- Bake 320* for 1 hour 20 minutes in a greased and floured tube pan.
- Test with toothpick until it comes out clean.
- Use wooden skewer to punch holes in cake for glaze.
- Drizzle glaze on while cake is still warm.