This pie is requested every Thanksgiving and tastes delicious warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.
Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
1- 9 inch pie shell
1 c. granulated sugar
1 c. light corn syrup
1/2 c. unsalted butter
4 eggs, beaten
2 Tbsp. bourbon
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 c. pecans, chopped
- In a medium saucepan, combine granulated sugar, corn syrup, and butter.
- Stir together over medium heat until butter melts and the sugar dissolves.
- Remove from heat and let cool for ten minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, bourbon, vanilla, and salt together.
- Whisk in butter mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans and pour mixture into pie shell.
- Bake 50 minutes at 325* or until set.