This is something easy to make when you have a few cups of leftover chopped meat such as chicken, pork, or turkey.
Easy Enchilada Casserole
12-15 corn tortillas
3 c. cooked meat, chopped
16 oz. can red enchilada sauce
1 small can of diced green chilies
14 oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz. can green enchilada sauce
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Spread a thin layer of red enchilada sauce across the bottom.
- You will make a total of three layers. Make the first two layers by layering items in this order: 4-5 corn tortillas, meat, chilies, tomatoes, onions, red enchilada sauce, cheese.
- The last layer has 4-5 corn tortillas, meat, chilies, tomatoes, onions, red enchilada sauce, and all of the green enchilada sauce reserving the last layer of the cheese for later.
- Cover with foil and bake 375* for 35 minutes.
- Remove foil and top with remaining cheese and bake uncovered until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before cutting into wedges.