Fresh Green Beans with Bacon and Almonds
2 lbs. fresh green beans, washed and stemmed
1/2 lb. bacon, sliced
1 large onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 c. boiling water
2 Tbsp. butter
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1/2 c. sliced almonds
- In a large skillet, brown bacon and remove from pan.
- Drain off bacon grease except for 2 Tbsp.
- Saute onion in 2 Tbsp. bacon grease until soft.
- Add green beans and saute 3 minutes over medium high heat.
- Add minced garlic and saute for one minute.
- Add boiling water and cover for 5 minutes to steam the green beans.
- Remove pan lid and stir in cooked bacon, butter, salt, pepper, vinegar, and sliced almonds.