I make these when I have leftover stuffing from Thanksgiving. I remove the dried cranberries from the stuffing before using it in this recipe.
Garlic Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
30-40 large fresh button mushrooms
1 1/2 c. cooked stuffing mixture
8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
3/4 c. flaked crab meat
1 Tbsp. chives, minced
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. cayenne powder
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
3/4 c. unsalted butter
3 garlic cloves, minced
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
- Place mushroom caps on a baking sheet.
- Finely chop mushroom stems.
- In a medium mixing bowl, gently combine stems, stuffing, cream cheese, crab meat, chives, garlic powder, cayenne powder, black pepper, and salt.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place a mound of the mixture in each mushroom cap.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter and saute the minced garlic until tender but not browned.
- Drizzle the garlic butter over each stuffed mushroom.
- Bake 350* for 10-15 minutes or until the stuffing is lightly browned.