I like to shred this tender pork and serve it in tacos with guacamole, tomatoes, and red onions or as pulled pork in a spicy barbecue sauce on toasted buns.
Mojo Criollo Braised Pork
2 oranges, juiced
3 lemons, juiced
2 limes, juiced
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 Tbsp. dried marjoram
2 tsp. dried thyme
2 tsp. dried oregano
4 garlic cloves, chopped
3/4 tsp. Kosher salt
3/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 c. vegetable oil
1 c. water
5 lb. pork butt roast
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- Place juices and seasonings in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add in 1 cup oil into the blending mixture to emulsify it.
- Place pork roast into a gallon or two-gallon size zip lock bag.
- Pour marinade over pork and seal out the air.
- Marinate overnight in refrigerator.
- Place 3 Tbsp. vegetable oil in a dutch oven and brown roast on all sides.
- Add marinade mixture and water to dutch oven and bring to a slow simmer.
- Cover and braise over very low heat for several hours until meat is fork tender.
- Remove meat from mixture and serve.